Thursday, March 5, 2009

focus

Everything I see (well, a great deal of what I see) these days gives me itchy fingers. That sounds a little icky, but what I mean to say is there are so many things I am eager to make. I've got fabric for two or three quilting projects (yet to be started), two care packages to put together and send out, and probably fifteen books I'd like to buy because they look inspiring. I spend a lot of my precious free-time planning ways to get to supply stores with a five month old in tow and no car, or reading crafty blogs with heavy image content. (I make that sound like a chore, but really it's quite nice to spend an hour looking at luscious little pictures of handmade goodies.) I want to create things! And give them to people. I also want to spruce up my space but it's so small and crowded already I feel like it would be more wasteful than worthwhile. I hate waste, so... there. My longing for a place of my own with more space that I can do up however I please is another topic for another day, I'm afraid.

But the quilts and the care packages, they will be made! - Eventually. When I learn how to use a sewing machine. Right now, learning to drive comes first.

These are the little snags you come to when you take on new skills. But, a little surprisingly, I am not discouraged. It's good. I'll simply feel more accomplished when I get everything completed. Which I think is part of the reason I am so desirous to teach myself this stuff. It'll be nice to work at something and have tangible (and aesthetically pleasing) results.

For now, I'll just continue trying to capture all the ideas I have in my head without blowing too much money on supplies for projects I can't possibly start right away. And I'll make room for more driving lessons, and do more pilates... eat more almonds, and take care of my best little fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment