Wednesday, February 4, 2009

project one

Okie! So I eventually remembered that I started a blog here. And this is the first moment I've had that I a) felt like I had something to write and b) remembered to say it while B was still napping. Both at once. Amazing! (Tho' the nap has since ceased to continue...)

So here I am.

In the interest of moving things along, I'll say that I have been following several blogs lately. (Its been a long time since I've bothered with any.) Specifically, crafty blogs. Actually, I've been reading them for a few months, I think. What I know for sure is that it's been long enough that I can't recall whether I felt crafty first and looked for blogs to induce more creativity, or if I stumbled upon the blog and its associates first, and subsequently became nerdy with inspiration. Either which way, they prompted me to request quilting books for Christmas (which I gots received) and that led to this recent purchase:


Oh yeah.

This is (optimistically!) going to be a play mat for the aforementioned napper. I want to finish it soon, as he's already four months old. Egad. The only reason I haven't chopped anything yet is because I need to wash the fabric, for one, but mainly because there is some confusion as to whether you can use a rotary cutter for handpieced blocks. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to but that is what certain internet literature on the subject has implied. So I'll have to consult my book about it. Which, strangely, is harder for me to remember than this blog despite merely being upstairs in my bedroom.

Wish me luck. ...Its amusing to think that, having no readers, I am pretty much writing to myself. Its a lot like talking to oneself. Especially when I say things like that. But maybe eventually there will be a reader!

I'll have to rally my friends around this blog. So's I don't feel so silly.

But if anyone does happen to read this, do you think it is better to put my pictures on my flickr account and host them that way, rather than uploading them to blogger? Hmm. You'll let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment