Thursday, April 23, 2009

Of course...

I haven't actually accomplished anything yet. I mean - not a single project finished. But! I did take a Sewing 101 class Monday evening, so I feel like that was a big step. Because, really, the hand-sewing ambitions were not going to last me much longer.

At least I now know how to thread and operate a sewing machine. And the foot pedal does not move as heinously fast as I remember it going when I was ten. When the needle yanked the fabric out of my bewildered hands. Oh! Summer camp crafts - 'no experience required'. That moment probably would be long forgotten if my instructor had had an ounce of compassion. I wasn't trying to hurt her precious machine.

Anyway! That's unimportant.

I'll have to post a picture of my practice quilt block. The backside. Who said that seams should all be pressed in the same direction??

Well. I'm still excited and ambitious. I don't mind mistakes. So long as I'm busy learning, that is. If I manage to ruin my Heather Ross fabric, however, I will be terribly put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment